Yesterday - Today

Hi guys. It's Friday and it is my day again to sit and think about something to type for my blog.
This week, my life have been out of focus for quite sometime. I don't know what keeps on bothering me. But, anyway I am still happy of what I am now (this is for sure... hahaha)

A few days before, my friend and I had a good conversation. We were talking about "TECHNOLOGIES". It is so much fun talking about the fast-moving gadgets and technologies. I mean, see how much technologies changed and improved. It is so fast that Intel needs to come out with Quad-Processor :) .

Anyway, I am just bluffing. You guys know exactly what I am talking about, rite.

Here are some of the stuffs that me and my friend talked about:

1) Pendrive @ Thumbdrive @ Portable Media Storage

I still remember the very first time I had my first pendrive. It was in the year of 2005 (when I was in Form 5). I was VERY HAPPY to have a PENDRIVE. And you know what, it was 128MB (the largest capacity for a pendrive at that time is 512MB, huhuhu). At that time, I felt like I was the most advanced guy in the school (actually I fell into 2nd place because my friend who introduced me to "PENDRIVE" got it first). I was very proud "showing off" my pendrive to my friends and also to my teachers (smug). I put it around my neck and walked around the school with pride (God, please forgive me for acting like that). Hahaha... And guess how much did I pay for it?

RM144 cash for a 128MB silver-Kingston pendrive! It cost me my fortune at that time. And, of course at that time I was "sponsored" by my parents, not like today :)

Now, in 2008, you can get a PENDRIVE with 16GB for RM119. WTF??!!! It is 125 times larger than my very FIRST PENDRIVE and cheaper by RM25. Huhuhu...

2) External Hard Disk @ Portable Hard Disk

When I heard there is one thing call "External Hard Disk" in the year of 2006, and its ability to store massive amount of data, documents and files, I already set in my target-of-the-year list to have one by the end of 2006. I saved my money to buy an EXTERNAL HARD DISK.

Finally, in September 2006, I bought one EXTERNAL HARD DISK during PC FAIR at Kuching, Sarawak.

And guess how much did it cost?

RM289 for a 40GB EXTERNAL HARD DISK. OMG!!! I spent another portion of my fortune to have extra HARD DISK. Thank goodness my parents supported me at that time. Fuhhh...

And recently, I bought my THIRD EXTERNAL HARD DISK in Penang. Guess how much did I spend this time?

RM260 for a 320GB EXTERNAL HARD DISK. Yeah, it is very impressive as I love to collect intertainment medias e.g. musics & movies. And I am really grateful for having an EXTERNAL HARD DISK that is 8 times larger than my first one. Hohoho...

I am very sure that there are still a lot of things that I did not mention but you know what they are. Technologies keep on improving and advancing as years pass by. But, it is really funny to observe and reflect the moment that we have something that we use now. You know, they costed you a fortune before but now, they are things that can be buy with cheaper price tahn before with GREATER VALUES. They are going to keep on CHANGING and they are GETTING BETTER and BETTER.

So, folks watch what you are buying and remember the year. In the next future, you will laugh at what you have buy today (if you know what I mean).

Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! funny kan! i still rmmbr those days where ppl still use disket & all. now things getting cheaper. same goes to camera & hp i think. i guess technology-thingy je yg reduced in price nowadays. the rest makin naik je harga :(

    ReplyDelete

Re-visit my previous posts